- ½ small onion
- 300ml x dry cider
- 1 x tsp. lemon juice
- 450g x Knockanore Vintage White Cheddar (grated)
- 1 x tbsp. cornflour
- 2 x tbsp. dry sherry
- Pinch mustard powder
- 1 x tsp. chopped fresh sage
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the cut side of the onion.
- Place the cider and lemon juice in the pot and heat gently on top of the stove until bubbling. Gradually stir in the grated cheese and heat gently, stirring until completely melted.
- In a small bowl blend together the cornflour and sherry. Add the mustard and stir into the cheese mixture.
- Continue to cook, gently stirring until thick and smooth. Stir in the sage and season with black pepper. Transfer the fondue pot to a lighted burner.
- Dip crusty farmhouse bread, apple and celery on forks into the fondue